Background: The postpartum period is an important time in maternal care after delivery, where postpartum often experience physical and emotional discomfort. Back massage has been known as an effective method of relieving muscle tension, increasing blood circulation, and providing relaxation to the body. This systematic review aimis to collect and analyze studies related to back massage on the comfort of postpartum.
Methods : This study uses a systematic review approach to research results related to the period 2018 to 2023. A literature search was carried out through databases of scientific journals and other reliable sources of information. The JBI critical assessment tool is used to assess the quality of the journal. This means that there are only selected articles that meet the requirements, with details of PubMed: 1, Google Scholar: 3. Garuda 1. Through the screening results of abstracts and full texts of 370 research articles.
Result : There are 2,180 selected journals from seven major database sources, which are classified as follows: PubMed: 354 articles, Science Direct: 540 articles, Garuda 2 articles, and Google Scholar: 11,500 articles based on predetermined keywords.
Conclusion : The results showed that the back massage position provides comfort for postpartum . The JBI critical assessment tool is used to assess the quality of the journal
2. WHO. Counseling for maternal and newborn health care: a handbook for building skills. Switzerland: WHO press; 2013. 244 p.
3. Chaput KH, Nettel-Aguirre A, Musto R, Adair CE, Tough SC. Breastfeeding difficulties and supports and risk of postpartum depression in a cohort of women who have given birth in Calgary: a prospective cohort study. C Open. 2016;4(1):E103â€“9.
4. Dagla M, Dagla C, Theodoropoulou I, Kontiza E, Tsolaridou E, Antoniou E. The Association of Breastfeeding Difficulties at the 6th week Postpartum with Maternal Psychological Well-being and Other Perinatal Factors: a Greek Retrospective Longitudinal Study. Mater Socio Medica. 2021;33(2):109.
5. Gianni Lorella Maria, Bettinelli Enrica Maria, Manfra Priscilla, Soreentino Gabriele, Bezzee Elena, Plevani Laura, et al. Breastfeeding Difficulties and Risk for Early Breastfeeding Cessation. Nutrients [Internet]. 2019;11(2266):1â€“10. Available from: http://doi.org/10.3390/nu11102266
6. Forde R, Peters S, Wittkowski A. Recovery from postpartum psychosis: a systematic review and metasynthesis of women's and families' experiences. Arch Women's Ment Health. 2020;23(5):597â€“612.
7. Rachmah D, Arsita RP, Sari W. The Effect of Back Massage For Health: Literature Review. 2021;10(1):779â€“82.
8. Widiastuti NMR, Widiani NNA. Improved breastfeeding with back massage among postnatal . Int J Res Med Sci. 2020;8(2):580.
9. Anita N, Ahmad M, Usman AN, Sinrang AW, Alasiry E, Bahar B. Potency of back message and acupressure on increasing of prolactin hormone levels in primipara postpartum; consideration for midwifery care. Enferm Clin [Internet]. 2020;30:577â€“80. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enfcli.2019.07.165
10. Guney E, Ucar T. Effects of deep tissue massage on pain and comfort after cesarean: A randomized controlled trial. Complement Ther Clin Practice [Internet]. 2021;43(101320):2â€“7. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ctcp.2021.101320
11. Dagli E, Celik N. The effect of oxytocin massage and music on breast milk production and anxiety levels of of premature infants who are in the neonatal intensive care unit: A self-controlled trial. Health Care Women Int [Internet]. 2022;43(5):465â€“78. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1080/07399332.2021.1947286
12. Rahmayanti R, Yolanda Y. Effectiveness of Back Effluerage Massage Therapy Using Clove Oil on Under Back Pain in Postpartum . Nurse Heal J Nursing. 2019;8(2):72â€“7.
13. Komatsu R, Ando K, Flood PD. Factors associated with persistent pain after childbirth: a narrative review. Br J Anaesth [Internet]. 2020;124(3):e117â€“30. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bja.2019.12.037
14. Bager S, Altuntug K. Problems experienced by in the postpartum period and their associations with quality of life Annelerin doÄŸum sonunda yaÅŸadÄ±klarÄ± sorunlar ve yaÅŸam kalitesi ile iliÅŸkisi. J Hum Sci. 2016;13(2):3266.
15. Blair S, Edwards G, Yu K, Jovel E, Powell LJ, Renwick K, et al. What is a school farm? Results of a scoping review. J Hunger Environ Nutr. 2022;(revise an.