Background: The corona virus diseases 19 (COVID-19) pandemic has continued to infect the world's population in the last two years, including in Indonesia which the number of positive cases of the corona virus is already above 1.5 million people. In our country, health protocol that is effective enough to prevent transmission of the corona virus is known as 5M, including washing hands thoroughly. For maximum results, it is recommended to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds several times a day. To kill viruses and other pathogenic bacteria, it is recommended to wash hands using soap or hand sanitizer with alcohol or other antibacterial substances at least 60% concentration.
Method used is technology transfer through counseling, training and mentoring in the neighbourhood (RW) 05 Babakan Loa Street, Cimahi Utara area is processing celery to be used as a hand sanitizer.
Result: After receiving learning materials and demonstration from team, each participants who are represented by the Chair of RW 05 Babakan Loa Street, North Cimahi, received handbooks which containing guidelines for processing celery as hand sanitizer. In addition, participant also received materials and equipment needed for processing celery as hand sanitizer so that can do experience independently or in team work.
Conclusion: So that, this activity can help implement health protocols in terms of washing hands and preventing the spread of COVID-19.
2. Irianto, K. (2013). Bakteriologi Medis, Mikologi Medis, dan Virologi Medis (Medical Bacteriology, Medical Micology, and Medical Virology). Penerbit Alfabeta. Bandung.
3. Nidha, An Amalia; Hadi, Purnomo; Farida, H. (2017). Efektivitas Minyak Atsiri Daun Kemangi (Ocimum Basilicum) Sebagai Antiseptik Untuk Higiene Tangan. Jurnal Kedokteran Diponegoro, 6(2), 253â€“260.
4. Kusnadi, Kusnadi; Devi, E. (2017). Isolasi dan Identifikasi Senyawa Flavonoid Pada Ekstrak Daun Seledri (Apium graveolens L.) Dengan Metode Refluks. Pancasakti Science Education Journal, 2(9), 56â€“67.
5. Ray, Sandip kumar dkk. (2011). A Study on Prevalence of Bacteria in The Hands of Children and Their Perception on Hand Washing in Two Schools of Bangalore and Kolkata. Indian journal of Public Health. Vol 55.; 293- 297.
6. Khaerati & Ihwan (2011). Staphylococcus aureus. Makalah Fakultas Farmasi Universitas Padjajaran.
7. Retrieved from http://ejournal- s1.undip.ac.id/index.php/medico
8. 7.Pratiwi, S. T. Mikrobiologi Farmasi, Jakarta: penerbit Airlangga. 2008; Hal 188-191 Purwoko. (2007). Fisiologi Mikroba. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
9. Sukandar, (2006), Infeksi Nosokomial. Cetakan I. Penerbit Nuha Medika.