Background: Quality human resources will determine the nation's development. Adolescent are assets of national development that must be formed into quality human resources. Adolescence is an important stage in the development of individuals from children to adulthood. The challenges for adolescents' lives are the opportunity to have risky behavior without being aware of the long-term consequences of that behavior. Risky behavior in adolescents is adopted through unhealthy relationships and ill-advised information. One of the efforts to prevent risky sexual behavior in adolescents is by creating openness and communication between parents and adolescents. Communication is influenced by a person's attitude towards the message / information to be conveyed. The effectiveness of communication between parents and adolescents is something that must be realized to achieve optimal prevention of risky sexual behavior.
Method: this study aims to explore the supporting factors in the process of communication between parents and teens about risky sexual behavior. This research is a qualitative research with a narrative approach. Respondents were experts in the field of communication / counseling, adolescent psychology experts, steak holders of youth health programs in the city of Bandung and West Java province. Data obtained by in-depth interviews and Expert judgment.
Results: Communication between parents and adolescent about risky sexual behavior is determined by the quality and intensity of communication between father and mother. In addition, the relationship between adolescents with parents and siblings is also related to the process of communication with adolescent about risky sexual behavior. A good condition of communication between father and mother can be an example for adolescents and will lead to confidence in adolescents towards their parents. The conducive conditions of communication and relationships within the family determine the success of communication between parents and teens about risky sexual behavior
Conclusion: Communication between parents and adolescents about risky sexual behavior is determined by the quality and intensity of communication between father and mother and adolescent relationships with other family members
2. Uyun Z. Peran Orang tua dalam Pendidikan Kesehatan Reproduksi. In: Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta; 2013:356-357. https://publikasiilmiah.ums.ac.id/bitstream/handle/11617/3963/B3.pdf?seque
3. Pratiwi N BH. Analisis Hubungan Perilaku Seks Pertamakali Tidak Aman Pada Remaja Usia 15–24 Tahun Dan Kesehatan Reproduksi. Bul Penelit Sist Kesehat. 2012;13(4):309-320. doi:10.22435/bpsk.v13i4Okt.2764
4. Handayani S. Pengetahuan Agama berhubungan dengan perilaku seksual pada remaja di SMAN 1 Soppeng Riaja Kab. Baru. J Kesehat Masy. 2016;1.
5. Ramadhana MR. Keterbukaan Diri dalam Komunikasi Orangtua-Anak pada Remaja Pola Asuh Orangtua Authoritarian. CHANNEL J Komun. 2018;6(2):197. doi:10.12928/channel.v6i2.11582
6. Awi MV. e-jour nal “Acta Diurna” Volume V. No.2 . Tahun 2016. 2016;V(2).
7. Looze M De. The Social and Cultural Context of Adolescent Risk Behavior.
8. Cupp PK, Atwood KA, Byrnes HF, et al. The impact of Thai family matters on parent-adolescent sexual risk communication attitudes and behaviors. J Health Commun. 2013;18(11):1384-1396. doi:10.1080/10810730.2013.778371
9. S A. Kebahagiaan Perkawinan Ditinjau Dari Faktor Komunikasi Pada Pasangan Suami Istri. J Psikol. 2005;Vol.1 No.l.
10. Purnamasari dr. Fungsi komunikasi keluarga dalam membentuk kepribadian anak remaja di kelurahan pajajaran. Published online 2017. http://repository.unpas.ac.id/27883/